Our pastoral team delivers a special sermon together to kick off the New Year with a sermon about the fruit of the Spirit.
Filtering by Tag: Tyler Townes
The Truth About Christmas series. The object of all Messianic prophecy is Jesus Christ. Prophecy gives certainty to believers, validates the divinity of Christ, encourages repentance, and reveals the glory of Jesus as our Savior.
So often we demonstrate fickleness rather than faithfulness to God. At times, we forget God, wander from Him, focus our eyes on the desires of the flesh, or twist the Word of God in our lives. But God is always faithful to us, and we ought to always remember His promises.
As Christians living in this world, we strive to be in the world, but not of it. However, salvation forgotten can lead to a carnal worldview. The solution is to remember the cross and to seek God’s view.
A survey of the book of Numbers:
- Taking a census.
- Redemption, purity, and consecration.
- Discontentment and rebellion.
- Dealing with obstacles on the way to the Promised Land.
- Offerings and vows.
- Living in the Promised Land.
Important lessons from the book of Numbers:
- Staying focused on God and His provision.
- Finding mercy in the midst of judgment.
- Seeing a picture of salvation through Christ.
In the Old Covenant, the system of priesthood and sacrifice were established. There were blessings for obedience and punishment for disobedience. Thankfully with the New Covenant, Jesus pays the punishment on our behalf, and we get to become children in God's Kingdom. We become co-heirs to Christ!
The Day of Atonement - Hebrews 9
- The Need of Blood Atonement - Blowing the Shofar on Rosh Hashanah.
- The High Priest.
- The Ceremony.
- The Result - Sins to be seen no more.
- Celebration - The sound of trumpets.
The New Covenant - Jeremiah 31:31
- Jesus is the Ultimate High Priest.
- Once and for all.
- The Ceremony - Prayer, confession, communion.
- The Result - As far as East is from the West.
- Celebration - Easter.
A New Creation - Hebrews 10
- Draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith.
- Hold fast - Endure in confidence.
- Stir up one another to love and good works - meet together.
- Fear the Lord and seek righteousness.
- Forgive, because your sins are paid for.
- Have faith and preserve your soul.
- Jubilee - The joy of the Lord, white as snow.
Our pastoral team delivers a special sermon together to kick off the New Year.
The Five Christmases Series.