In the Old Covenant, the system of priesthood and sacrifice were established. There were blessings for obedience and punishment for disobedience. Thankfully with the New Covenant, Jesus pays the punishment on our behalf, and we get to become children in God's Kingdom. We become co-heirs to Christ!
Filtering by Tag: Leviticus
Jesus calls us to an abundant life of joy. John 10:10, 15:11, Galatians 5:22, Psalms 68:3.
Joy is found in the presence of the Lord. Psalms 16:11, 95:1-2.
- The lamps in Leviticus 24:1-4 remind us of the Pillar of Fire and picture Jesus as the Light of the World.
- The bread in Leviticus 24:5-9 reminds us of the Manna and is a picture of Jesus as the Bread of Life.
- The Law in Leviticus 24:10-23 reflects God's holiness and justice.
The Year of Jubilee reveals some things that contribute to joy.
- Faith and rest.
- Forgiveness, fairness, and caring for those in need.
- Holding lightly to the things of the world.
- Knowing that your sin has been atoned for and that you have been redeemed.
The Year of Jubilee should give us hope and an eternal perspective.
The appointed times.
Remembrance of our hope.
Our hope of eternity.
The feasts of promise and remembrance.
- Spring feasts: The Passover, The Feast of Unleavened Bread (HaMatzot), The First Fruits (Bikkurim), The Pentecost (The Feast of Weeks).
- Fall feasts: The Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah), The Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), The Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot).
The present and future hope of redemption.
Holiness requires separation - Being in the world, but not of it.
Distinguishing vs discrimination.
Fearing the Lord in the familiar.
Honoring the Lord.
Looking Upward: God is holy and completely set apart.
Looking Inward: God has commanded his people to walk in holiness.
Looking Outward: God has called us to reflect his holiness to others.
The Lord spoke to Moses.
The knowledge of intimacy.
The Day of Atonement - Hebrews 9
- The Need of Blood Atonement - Blowing the Shofar on Rosh Hashanah.
- The High Priest.
- The Ceremony.
- The Result - Sins to be seen no more.
- Celebration - The sound of trumpets.
The New Covenant - Jeremiah 31:31
- Jesus is the Ultimate High Priest.
- Once and for all.
- The Ceremony - Prayer, confession, communion.
- The Result - As far as East is from the West.
- Celebration - Easter.
A New Creation - Hebrews 10
- Draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith.
- Hold fast - Endure in confidence.
- Stir up one another to love and good works - meet together.
- Fear the Lord and seek righteousness.
- Forgive, because your sins are paid for.
- Have faith and preserve your soul.
- Jubilee - The joy of the Lord, white as snow.
Due to a technical error, the first fifteen minutes of the sermon were unfortunately cut off. We apologize for the inconvenience.