Jesus calls us to an abundant life of joy. John 10:10, 15:11, Galatians 5:22, Psalms 68:3.
Joy is found in the presence of the Lord. Psalms 16:11, 95:1-2.
- The lamps in Leviticus 24:1-4 remind us of the Pillar of Fire and picture Jesus as the Light of the World.
- The bread in Leviticus 24:5-9 reminds us of the Manna and is a picture of Jesus as the Bread of Life.
- The Law in Leviticus 24:10-23 reflects God's holiness and justice.
The Year of Jubilee reveals some things that contribute to joy.
- Faith and rest.
- Forgiveness, fairness, and caring for those in need.
- Holding lightly to the things of the world.
- Knowing that your sin has been atoned for and that you have been redeemed.
The Year of Jubilee should give us hope and an eternal perspective.